Mexican Style Pickled Vegetables
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups apple cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno
- 5 medium carrots
- 1/3 head cauliflower
- 1 medium yellow onion
- Place water, vinegar, salt, sugar, cumin, and garlic cloves in a pot large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Slice jalapeno thinly. For a mild flavor, remove seeds. The more seeds, the hotter (spicier) the end result. (Rubbing your hands with cooking oil protects your hands from jalapeno heat.)
- Peel and slice carrots in 1/6-inch slices. Pull cauliflower into smaller florets. Cut onion in half and then in thin slices.
- Add vegetables to boiling mixture and return to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and when safe enough to handle pour into glass jars. Cover and refrigerate.
- Best after a few hours.