Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake
Meyer Lemon Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Zest of 2 medium Meyer lemons
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
Meyer Lemon Frosting
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (or more depending on consistency)
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Grease bundt pan with vegetable shortening liberally and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar together on medium speed for 3 minutes until pale in color and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time and then vanilla and zest. Mix for an additional minute, scraping sides of bowl as necessary, until smooth.
- Turn mixer speed to low and add in flour until incorporated. Finally mix in soda until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes and then invert pan onto a cake plate. Allow cake to cool before frosting.
- To prepare frosting, whisk all frosting ingredients together and pour evenly on top of cake.
- Allow frosting to set up, about 30 minutes.
- Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky@CookiesandCups.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments