Microwave Bourbon Vanilla Bean Caramel Corn
- 4 quarts air-popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Vanilla Bean Sea Salt or more sea salt for sprinkling
- Large brown grocery bag
- Place the popcorn in the grocery bag.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until the mixture comes to a boil. (Microwave times can vary, so adjust time as needed.)
- Remove from microwave and add vanilla, bourbon, and baking soda. Mix to combine.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn. Fold top over and shake well.
- Add bag to microwave and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove and shake well. Repeat.
- Spread caramel corn out evenly on two parchment or foil lined rimmed baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with vanilla bean sea salt. Break up any large clumps. Let cool completely.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bree Hester @bakedbree.com.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments
Jan 31, 2017
Easy and SO delicious! We included some dry roasted peanuts, and they were a good add. When I added Buffalo Trace to the hot mixture the smell was divine! This recipe is a definite keeper.