Milk and Cereal Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, optional
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cereal, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon oil (to heat with pan)
- 1/2 - 1 cup whipped cream
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- To make milk icing, sift powdered sugar into a small mixing bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons milk until smooth. If needed, add more milk, a few drops at a time, until pourable. Cover and set aside until needed.
- For cereal pancakes, in large bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk together egg and buttermilk. Pour into flour mixture and stir just to combine.
- Add sugar, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix until blended but with lumps remaining.
- Stir in 1 cup cereal just to combine. You want lumps in your batter.
- Drop a teaspoon of vegetable oil onto a non-stick skillet or griddle and place over medium heat.
- Once oil begins to separate and move around pan, carefully use a paper towel to rub oil into pan, leaving just a light coating on pan.
- Ladle about 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto pan. Cook until bubbles begin to form on surface of pancake and edges begin to set.
- Gently flip pancakes over and cook until browned on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter making about 10 pancakes.
- Serve immediately topped with the milk icing, whipped cream, and a sprinkling of cereal.
- Keep pancakes warm in a 250°F oven, if needed.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.