Milk Chocolate Pudding Bears
- Milk Chocolate Pudding
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 vanilla wafer cookies
- 9 brown candy coated chocolates
- 18 (1/2 inch) candy eyes
- 18 chocolate or candy melt wafers
- Whisk together sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt in a large saucepan.
- Whisk in egg yolks, heavy cream, and milk until well blended.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, for 5 to 8 minutes until mixture is thickened and bubbling.
- Continue to cook for 30 seconds as bubbles form over entire surface of pudding.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter and milk chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour pudding through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl.
- Press a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap over top of the pudding and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving remove pudding from refrigerator and gently stir.
- Pour 2/3 cup pudding into 9 small dessert cups reserving about 1 teaspoon to use for decorating.
- Decorate by adding 1 vanilla wafer along the bottom edge of the dessert cup.
- Use a dab of reserved pudding to attach 1 candy coated chocolate nose to the top of the vanilla wafer snout.
- Set 2 candy eyes just above the nose.
- For ears, set 2 chocolate wafers along top edge of dessert cup on either side of the eyes.
- Serve immediately.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer at Hungry Happenings.