Mini Lemon Vanilla Baked Alaska
- Thaw ice cream until softened but not soupy.
- Stir in lemon zest and fully combine. Refreeze until hard.
- Using a round cookie cutter approximately the same diameter as your ice cream scoop, cut out rounds of pound cake and place on a small baking tray covered with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Scoop four perfect spheres of the lemon vanilla ice cream and place on top of each pound cake slice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until very firm.
- About 5 minutes before ready to serve, make the meringue. In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in sugar in a slow, steady stream and continue to beat until well-combined and stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula or spoon, completely cover each ice cream-cake sphere with meringue. Use a fork to make peaks and ridges in the meringue.
- Using a kitchen torch, brûlée the meringue until golden brown. Alternatively, preheat your broiler on high and brûlée the mini baked alaskas in the oven. Serve immediately.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for [companynam] by Chris Cockren at Shared Appetite.