Mini Mojito Cheesecakes
- Mint Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves, washed and thoroughly dried
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 cup mint sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime zest
- Optional: 1 ounce light rum
- Graham cracker crumbs, as needed
- Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons mint sugar
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime zest
- Optional: 1/2 ounce light rum
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- To prepare mint sugar: In a food processor, pulse granulated sugar and mint leaves until leaves have been ground down and combined with sugar.
- To prepare filling: Using a standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sour cream until it is light and fluffy. Gradually mix in mint sugar and cornstarch. Mix in eggs one at a time, scraping side of the bowl after each addition. Add lime juice, zest and rum and mix until well combined.
- Pour filling into silicone molds.
- Place pan on middle rack of oven with a pan half full of boiling water on bottom rack of oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until centers are set. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow cakes to cool for 1 hour minimum. Wrap well with plastic film and foil. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Carefully unmold cheesecakes.
- When ready to serve, prepare whipped cream. Using a standing mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip chilled heavy cream on high until it just holds stiff peaks. Slowly sprinkle in mint sugar until you reach a thick consistency. Add in zest, rum (optional) and whip until combined.
- Coat each cheesecake in graham cracker crumbs and top with whipped cream and garnish with additional lime slices and mint leaves.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.