Mini Monkey Bread Brains
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease 11 cavities in a muffin tin with butter.
- Combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Pop open can of biscuit dough.
- Divide into 8 biscuits.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 strips.
- Roll all strips of dough into 10-inch to16-inch logs.
- Dip each dough log into melted butter. Then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Arrange 2 dough logs in a muffin tin cavity, so that logs squiggle back and forth and form the two sides of a brain. Arrange a third dough log over top.
- Repeat, creating 11 brains. Your last brain will only have two dough logs. If any brains look larger than the others, you can cut off a small amount from that brain and add it to the final brain.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until dough is baked through and sugar/butter mixture has caramelized.
- Remove pan from oven and run a thin knife around edge of each brain, making sure it is not sticking to pan.
- Set a baking sheet (or cutting board) over top of pan and holding on to muffin tin, invert both. Then set baking sheet on counter. Carefully lift up hot muffin tin, allowing monkey bread brains to gently fall out of pan. Serve warm.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.