Mini Monster Cupcakes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Vanilla Buttercream
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Blue, green, and pink sprinkles
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 mini muffin pans with liners. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream 2 sticks butter with sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until smooth, scraping as necessary.
- With mixer on low speed, add one third of flour mixture, followed by half of buttermilk. Beat well after each addition and repeat, ending with flour mixture. Increase speed and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Use a scoop to divide batter evenly in muffin pans. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool muffins in pans for 5 minutes then turn out onto cooling rack to cool completely while preparing Buttercream Icing.
- To prepare icing, add butter to bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until butter is pale, very smooth, and makes a slapping sound as it hits sides of bowl, about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar one cup at a time. Mix until incorporated before adding next cup.
- When all of sugar has been added, scrape bowl. Add vanilla and salt, beat on low speed for 15 seconds. Increase speed to high. Beat until whipped, light and perfectly smooth, about 5 minutes. Scraping bowl to make sure everything is incorporated.
- To assemble, add frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe into center to make a mound. Dip into sprinkles and cover the frosting completely. Cut out paper cupcake holders and place the docketed cupcake inside.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Note: To find sprinkles that match, try a baking supply store or online for quantities of a single color. You can also use gel food color to tint your Buttercream Icing to match.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bree Hester @bakedbree.com.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments