Mini Peanut Butter & Cream Cheese Quesadillas with Fresh Strawberries
- 1 (10-inch) flour tortilla
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Using a round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, cut 8 small circles out of large flour tortilla and lay them out in an even layer.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Spread a thin layer of this mixture on four of cut out tortilla rounds. On remaining four, spread a thin layer of peanut butter. Top peanut butter with 2-3 strawberry slices.
- Melt butter in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place each peanut butter/strawberry tortilla round gently into the pan and top with cream cheese round, cream cheese side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown, and then gently flip. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until second side is browned.
Smaller tortillas can be used in place of cutting out small circles from a larger tortilla. Use four smaller tortillas and follow the instructions as listed. This will yield two normal-sized quesadillas.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Cassie Laemmli @Bake Your Day.