Mini Strawberry Doughnuts
- 1 cup cake flour or all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon strawberry extract (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon strawberry or almond liqueur
Strawberry Glaze and Finishing
- 3 tablespoons strawberry liqueur or 3 tablespoons pureed strawberries
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 385°F. Combine flour and baking powder and sift together. Set aside.
- Whip eggs until well combined. Add sugar and whip at least 8 minutes or until mixture is thick and mousse like and is pale in color.
- Add vanilla and salt. Gently stir in heavy cream and strawberry extract if using.
- Add dry ingredients and gently mix until combined. Add melted butter and liqueur.
- Best results will be obtained if mixture is allowed to rest at room temperature for 2 hours (or refrigerated overnight)
- Butter and flour a mini doughnut pan. Using a piping bag pipe cake batter 2/3-3/4 full into prepared pans.
- Bake until mini cakes bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 12 minutes.
- After a few minutes remove from pan.
- For glaze whisk together strawberry liqueur or strawberry puree and powdered sugar.
- Dip each doughnut into glaze and while glaze is still wet, decorate with freeze dried strawberry pieces.