Mini Turtle Cheesecakes
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 2 large eggs
- 24 caramel squares, unwrapped
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon caramel syrup, divided
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Place a large rimmed sheet pan on bottom oven rack and fill halfway with water. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 12 metal cupcake liners in a regular muffin tin.
- Stir together graham crumbs, sugar, and butter. Spoon evenly into cupcake liners. Press crumbs down firmly in bottom of liner.
- Beat cream cheese and brown sugar until creamy. Add sour cream and flour and beat again.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until just combined.
- Fill muffin liners with batter. Liners will be very full.
- Place muffin tin on oven rack above steaming pan of water. Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and cool 15 minutes. Gently remove cheesecakes from pan and place on wire rack. Cool 1 hour; then refrigerate at least 4 hours or until chilled through.
- For topping, place caramel candies and 2 tablespoons heavy cream in saucepan. Heat over low-med/low heat, stirring often until melted and creamy. Stir in pecan bits. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Spoon caramel onto tops of chilled cheesecakes. Let set.
- Chill metal bowl and wire whisk attachment in freezer for 10 minutes. Pour 1 cup heavy cream, powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon caramel topping to chilled bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon whipped cream into piping bag fitted with icing tip 1M. Swirl on top of caramel topping.
- Drizzle tops with caramel and chocolate syrups and sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Set cheesecakes out 10-15 minutes before serving so caramel topping can soften.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.