Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 drops green food color, gel type
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10-12 ounces dark chocolate chips or equal amount of chocolate in bar, cut in pieces
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cream butter until smooth, add sugar, and cream further. Add eggs one at a time, then add salt and mix until light and creamy. Add food color and mint extract.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Add flour in one step to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Add chocolate chips. Mix briefly and just until combined.
- Scoop dough using a 2 or 3-tablespoon size ice cream scoop or in about 2 heaping tablespoon size amounts.
- Place on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake until edges turn very light golden brown, about 11-13 minutes. For soft and chewy cookies bake them until center is still soft. For a firmer cookie bake slightly longer.