Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini morsels
- In a stand mixer bowl add egg yolks and 1 cup sugar. Mix until mixture is light in color and creamy.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan add milk, whipping cream, salt, and 4 tablespoons sugar. Stir to combine. Heat mixture over medium heat and cook until small bubbles appear on sides (do not bring to boil). Remove from heat.
- Gradually and slowly add egg mixture to liquid, stirring as you go. Return pan to heat and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
- Allow pan to come to room temperature OR place over an ice bath to cool it more rapidly. Add mint sprigs.
- Transfer to refrigerator and allow to chill completely.
- Prior to churning remove and discard mint sprigs. Churn mixture according to your machine’s manufacturer’s directions. During last 5 minutes of churning slowly add in mini morsels.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer-safe container and keep frozen until ready to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments