Mocha Pudding Cake with Coffee Cream
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, butter, and vanilla. Switch to a spatula and stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk both sugars and cocoa together. Sprinkle over cake batter. Pour hot coffee over batter. Do not stir it into batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cake should look just set, but still gooey. Let it stand for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- To make coffee cream, add cream, powdered sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla to a large bowl. Whisk until soft peaks form. Alternatively, whip with an electric mixer.
- Spoon warm cake into bowls. Top with coffee cream and dust with cinnamon.