- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large bowl, cream softened butter and dark brown sugar until combined. Beat in egg, vanilla extract and molasses until incorporated completely. Add flour, baking soda and spiced and mix until just combined. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When read to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll in granulated sugar. Place 2-inches apart on baking pan. Repeat with rest of dough. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on pan for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Kraft @sprinklesomesugar.