Molasses Crackle Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 ground cloves
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until light and creamy. Add egg and molasses and beat again.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and spices and mix until dough comes together. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Use a cookie scoop to make 24 even dough balls. Roll each into a ball and roll in granulated sugar. Place 12 balls on a plate in refrigerator. Place other 12 on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 3-4 minutes, then gently remove and place on parchment paper to cool. Bake remaining dough balls. Let cookies cool completely before placing in sealed container.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.