Momma’s Thanksgiving Slaw
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) of shredded angle hair coleslaw
- 1 medium size red onion-sliced
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup canola
- In large bowl (that has a lid) alternate in layers cabbage and red onion.
- For sauce: In small pot or saucepan mix together sugar, dry mustard, celery seed, salt and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Add canola oil to the pot. Bring to a boil again.
- Pour sugar-vinegar mixture over cabbage and onions. DO NOT STIR!!! Cover and refrigerate overnight. You can make this up to 3 days before serving, which makes it a perfect make-ahead dish for Thanksgiving or any meal.