Monkey Bread Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups all-purpose flour*, divided
- 1 envelope quick rise yeast
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place milk and butter in saucepan over low-medium heat until melted.
- Cool mixture to 110°F.
- Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and warm milk in a bowl of a stand mixer. Beat with a dough hook for 2 minutes until combined. Slowly add 2 more cups of flour and continue to mix until dough balls forms.
- Place dough on floured surface and knead 10 times or until smooth.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover bowl with a towel and place in a warm place for an hour or until doubled in size.
- While dough is rising, spray a 12-count and 6-count muffin tin with nonstick baking spray. Stir cinnamon and sugar together and set aside.
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- Punch dough down and divide into 12 pieces. Cut each piece into 6 more pieces.
- Dip pieces of dough in butter. Let excess drip off; roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Place 4 pieces of cinnamon sugar dough in each muffin cavity, pressing down slightly. Bake 13-14 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then gently remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over tops of muffins and let set. Store in tightly sealed container.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments