Monster Cookie Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup chopped chocolate bars (such as Snickers, Hershey’s, Milky Way, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with foil, leaving an overhang on all four sides
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar, stirring until completely absorbed and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Let cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Pour butter mixture into flour mixture and stir to combine. Batter will be very thick. Stir in chocolate chips, M&Ms, and chopped chocolate bars.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Do not over bake. Allow to cool before cutting into squares to serve. Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Tessa Arias @HandletheHeat.