- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup + 3/4 cup almond creamer (not almond milk) or half and half
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 10 oz best quality chocolate, about 55% cocoa, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup quick cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 tablespoon ice cold butter (for nondairy use vegan margarine)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 pecan halves
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a tiny bowl combine gelatin and water and set aside.
- Place chopped chocolate in a bowl large enough to hold remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil 1 cup almond creamer (or half and half) with sugar. Remove from heat and whisk in gelatin. Pour onto chopped chocolate and whisk smooth.
- Pour in remaining almond creamer or half and half. Place serving bowl or glasses on a tray and pour filling into these.
- Cover with plastic food film and place in refrigerator. (Sprinkle below chocolate streusel onto the parfaits just before serving.)
- In a food processor mix flour, oat flakes and cocoa powder until oat flakes are in tiny pieces. (Alternatively, chop oats finely using a knife.) Pour into a bowl and add sugar.
- Using a grater, grate cold butter/margarine directly onto dry ingredients. Stir into flour along with salt and vanilla.
- Rub mixture between your hands until crumbles form.
- Place onto a cookie sheet (preferably lined with parchment paper) and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes. (It is best to under-bake this crumble as you can always return it into the oven if it is too soft.)
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan. Once cold, place in airtight bag to keep crisp. Sprinkle baked streusel onto parfaits right before serving and decorate with a few almond halves.