- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Irish Liqueur Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line an 8-inch baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter and cocoa powder. Mix until well combined. Add eggs, sugar and coffee liqueur; mix well. Stir in flour and salt until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare frosting. Mix everything but chocolate chips together until you get desired consistency. Adjust sugar and milk as necessary.
- Once brownies have completely cooled, frost. Garnish with chocolate chips
- Store in an air tight container.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.