- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with hook, combine water with yeast. Add sugar and flour. Place salt and yogurt on top and mix to combine. After 2 minutes of mixing, dough will be smooth. Add melted butter. If adding herbs, add at end of step 2.
- Mix until dough becomes elastic and cleans sides of bowl, about 5 minutes. Dough cannot exceed 82°F or it will become sticky and impossible to handle.
- Remove from machine and keep covered with plastic until nearly doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Shape round using as little flour as possible.
- Dough can be shaped round by pressing with palms of hand or using a rolling pin to 1/4-inch thick.
- Place a large sauté pan on heat source and turn to medium.
- Once pan is warm, place a dough round in ungreased pan and cook for about 60-90 seconds or until bottom has firmed up and is easy to flip. Some spots will or should be dark.
- Cook other side until thoroughly done, about 60-90 seconds.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with chives.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: Select flour with 4 grams/protein on nutrition facts label.