No Bake Almond Amaretto Cheesecake
- Evenly oil (do not use butter) an 8 or 9-inch springform pan. Sprinkle evenly with a little granulated sugar for easy removal of pan. Place a round piece of parchment paper on bottom of pan.
- Place cookies on entire bottom of pan. Do not worry about space/holes between cookies. Set aside.
- Vigorously whisk together gelatin and amaretto in a small bowl and set aside.
- Ensure cream cheese is at room temperature before proceeding. Mixing is easily done by hand using a firm rubber spatula. Place cream cheese in a large bowl. Add granulated sugar and mix until completely smooth and no lumps remain. Add vanilla extract.
- Place amaretto/gelatin bowl over barely simmering water just until gelatin is fully dissolved. Mixture can only be heated to lukewarm temperature. If heated too long, wait until it cools down to lukewarm.
- Add amaretto mixture in 5 increments waiting for previously added amount is fully incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- In separate bowl, whip cream to soft/medium peaks and not as stiff as you would to pipe rosettes on a pie or cake.
- Add in one step to above and fold just until combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan and level surface evenly. Place in fridge or if in a hurry to freezer. If placed in freezer transfer to refrigerator after 2 hours.
- If only chilled in refrigerator, cake will set after 6 hours or overnight.
- Whip remaining cream and pipe small dollops on surface of cake. Decorate with cookies.
If making homemade Amaretti Cookies, press cookies using bottom of glass 1/4-inch thick before baking.