No Bake Chocolate Raspberry Cream Pie
- 24 Oreo® chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate Cream Layer
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup + 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 + 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Raspberry Cream Layer
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen raspberries, defrosted or 2 packages (6 oz each) fresh raspberries
- 4 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few raspberries
- For crust, in a food processor pulse Oreos® until finely crushed. Remove from vessel and add melted butter.
- Press evenly into a deep dish 9-inch pie pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and corn starch into a paste. Add 1/2 cup milk and whisk smooth. Add 1/4 cup sugar and whisk well. Set aside.
- In a saucepan add remaining 2 1/2 cups milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Bring to a boil while occasionally whisking.
- Once milk boils, re-whisk egg yolk mixture and quickly add to boiling milk. Whisk until cream thickens and forms thick bubbles. Remove from heat and do not unnecessarily whisk cream as it can prevent cream from setting properly. Gently stir in butter and vanilla extract.
- Scrape cream into prepared pie tin and place in a refrigerator. Keep in the refrigerator for at least 90 minutes to ensure the cream is completely cooled
- For raspberry layer blend raspberries to a puree. Press through a sieve to remove seeds. Measure out 1 cup, any additional puree can be used to flavor sparkling water.
- Mix in sugar to raspberry puree. This puree needs to be lukewarm for proper incorporation of gelatin. Place puree briefly in a microwave oven.
- In a small bowl combine gelatin with water and allow to hydrate for a few minutes. Place in a pot filled with hot water to melt gelatin.
- Pour melted gelatin into lukewarm raspberry cream and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl whip cream to very soft-medium peaks. Add raspberry mixture and using a spatula fold together until combined.
- Scrape onto cooled chocolate layer and place in refrigerator.
- After about 90 minutes pie can be decorated. Whip remaining cream, sugar, and vanilla to firm peaks. Decorate pie and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Note: Pie pans vary in depth. For this dessert, select a pie pan which can hold 6-7 cups of water.