No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies with vanilla cream centers (Oreo® Cookies)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 1/2 cups of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 15 miniature chocolate peanut butter cups cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts or toffee bits
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- For cookie crust, crush cookies into fine crumbs.
- Stir in melted butter until crumbs look like wet sand.
- Press cookies into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- For Peanut Butter Pie Filling blend cream cheese and sugar together until all lumps are gone.
- Add softened butter and peanut butter and stir until well combined.
- If using heavy whipping cream, beat it using an electric mixer or whisk to stiff peaks (whipped cream holds a peak when whisk or beaters are removed).
- Stir in 1/3 of whipped cream (or whipped topping) to lighten peanut butter mixture.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream or whipped topping.
- Pour filling into cookie crust and smooth out top.
- Chill pie for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Optional Toppings: sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups and peanuts or toffee bits over peanut butter pie. Heat peanut butter in microwave for about 30 seconds until melted then drizzle over top of pie.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This pie has a very rich peanut butter flavor. If you use whipped topping instead of heavy whipping cream, pie will have a slightly sweeter flavor.
Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.