No Bake Royal Raspberry Pie
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate very well. Set aside.
- Combine corn syrup, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and butter in a small bowl. Microwave until mixture starts to bubble.
- Remove from microwave and stir in corn flakes, mixing well. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate, chill until ready to fill.
- Drain raspberries into a measuring cup and add water to make 1 cup of liquid. Combine gelatin and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in 1 cup raspberry juice. Heat mixture to boiling and whisk continuously until gelatin dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in ice cream and continue stirring until ice cream is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy. Chill until partially thickened.
- Fold in drained raspberries.
- Pour into prepared pie shell and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This classic dessert first appeared in the 1988 edition of Homemade Good News Cookbook.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments