No Bake Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
- 1 cup old-fashioned smooth peanut butter*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup semi or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel or other coarse sea salt
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- Line a 9X9-inch square pan with plastic food wrap hanging well over sides of pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter (if using a new jar, remove any oil from surface) with vanilla and powdered sugar. Stir using a firm spatula until completely mixed.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Place chocolate and oil in a small bowl and place over very low simmering water until 60% of chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and keep stirring until all chocolate has melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt and peanut halves if using.
- Place in the refrigerator and once well chilled lift out of the pan by pulling upward on overhanging plastic.
- Cut into desired size.
*Make certain that you use old-fashioned peanut butter, which contains only peanuts and a little salt. Versions made with palm or other oils may interfere with the setting of the bars.