Not So Spooky Spider Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 48 thin pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 24 malted milk balls
- 48 candy eye balls
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in chocolate sprinkles. Add 4 pretzel sticks to each side of the cookie, making 8 legs.
- Place on baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. When the cookies come out of the oven, place a malted milk ball in the center of each cookie. Add candy eyeballs while the cookies are still warm.
- Let rest on sheets for 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.