Nutella® Hazelnut Brownies
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 7/8 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- One bag (12 oz) chocolate chips, 42-50% cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella® Hazelnut Spread
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped for décor (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Hazelnuts are more flavorful when toasted although it is not necessary. Bulk hazelnuts are usually not toasted while prepackaged ones are. For toasting, place whole hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and place in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- Cut butter in cubes and place in a bowl along with chocolate. Melt on low in a microwave or set bowl over barely simmering water while constantly stirring. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs until well blended. Add sugars and whisk vigorously for 1 minute until well combined. Add melted chocolate along with salt and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Add hazelnuts.
- Spread batter into a rectangular cake 11x8-inch pan.
- Place in oven and bake until center of brownies feels slightly firm when pressed with a finger, about 40 minutes.
- Once cooled spread surface with Nutella® and cut into desired size. Sprinkle with nuts and cocoa powder.