Nutella Swirl Pound Cake
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Nutella®
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour it. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together milk and vinegar. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla until well combined. Beat in flour mixture alternating with milk mixture.
- Pour 1/2 of cake batter into prepared bundt pan. Top evenly with Nutella®, leaving a 1-inch border around edge of pan. Cover with remaining cake batter.
- Insert a butter knife into cake batter and lightly swirl Nutella into cake. Do not swirl too much, you just need to swirl knife a couple of times through layers.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until center is set and a, inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely (in bundt pan) before inverting onto cake plate.
- Dust top with powdered sugar and serve.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.