Nutty Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- Cheesecake Filling
- 3 packages (8 ounces) cream cheese, soft
- 4 pouches (1 cup) Redi-Measure Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Nutty Topping
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 9 inch spring form pan. Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and first listed sugar and press on bottom of the pan. Place in oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F.
- On low speed mix cream cheese and sugars until smooth and no lumps remain. Add one egg and mix on low speed until mixture is lump free. Repeat with remaining eggs, scraping well between additions.
- Add vanilla, pumpkin and spices and mix in.
- Pour cream cheese mixture in springform pan. Place in oven and bake about 50-65 minutes or until center no longer trembles when pan is tapped.
- Meanwhile prepare nutty topping by mixing all ingredients using an electric mixer or a food processor. Sprinkle nutty topping on cheesecake and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate pumpkin cheesecake at least 4 hours before cutting.
TIP: Cheesecakes cook from the outside in. To check for doneness, shake the pan gently. When the center no longer trembles your cheesecake should be ready.