- 2 cups quick cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, stir together oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Melt butter and add hot water and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir together until mixture holds together. Press on a plastic food film-lined cookie sheet and place in a refrigerator for 15-17 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper or coat with butter. Set aside.
- On a lightly-floured or parchment paper-lined surface, roll dough about 1/5 inch thick.
- Cut circles of about 2.5-inch diameter. Place on cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for about 15-17 minutes or until edges turn lightly golden.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments