Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookie Bars
Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together brown sugar and butter. Mix in egg.
- Add vanilla, molasses, flour, cinnamon, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until smooth.
- Fold in oats.
- Line two 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pans with foil. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Divide mixture between two pans and spread evenly.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cool completely and gently peel foil from cookie bars.
- For filling, use an electric mixer to whisk together shortening, corn syrup, and marshmallow cream. Add vanilla and powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, mixing between additions. The mixture will not look as smooth once you add powdered sugar, and that's okay.
- Spread filling over one of the cookie bars. Place second bar on top of filling. Cut into squares for packaging or serving. Keep chilled for a firmer bar that is easier to handle.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.