Oatmeal Cream Pies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking (not instant or old fashioned) oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup well packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or butter well. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir in oats and set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add oil and both sugars, and mix two more minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Drop batter in two tablespoons amounts onto cookie sheets. Press slightly down. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until light golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare cream cheese filling. Mix all ingredients until well-blended and smooth.
- Sandwich cookies together with cream cheese filling.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days.