Oatmeal Nut Bars
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 3 tablespoons safflower or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 300. Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, peanuts, and almonds.
- In a small saucepan, combine oil, brown sugar, peanut butter, salt, and a tablespoon of water. Whisk over low heat until sugar has dissolved and incorporated, roughly 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before whisking in egg white.
- Pour warm mixture over oats and nuts, stir until moist. Spread evenly in the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Allow to cool. Remove from pan with the parchment. Cut into bars.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.