Oh So Soft Apple Cinnamon Cookies
- 8 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large apple such as Granny Smith
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecan pieces or walnuts
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cream butter until smooth, add brown sugar and cream further. Add egg, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and cloves and mix until light and creamy.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add flour mixture in one step to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Peel apple and cut in 4 wedges, remove core. Cut each wedge lengthwise in 3 equal strips and cut crosswise in about 8 cuts. Mix into cookie batter along with raisins and nuts.
- Scoop dough using a medium size ice cream scoop and place on parchment or buttered cookie sheets.
- Bake until edges are light golden brown, about 11-12 minutes. The cookies will slightly firm as they cool.