Old Fashioned Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 beaten large egg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or 1 cup milk + 4 teaspoons lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine beaten egg, milk, and butter and then add to dry ingredients. Stir until barely mixed.
- Heat lightly greased griddle or skillet. Using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, drop onto a hot, greased griddle, baking until top of pancake is covered with tiny bubbles.
- Flip and cook until lightly browned on the underside.