Old Fashioned Sea Foam Candy
- 1 pound Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Cook brown sugar, water and vinegar to firm ball stage (240°F). Allow syrup to cool about 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture slowly into beaten egg whites.
- Add vanilla. Beat until candy will hold its shape.
- Quickly add coarsley chopped walnuts and drop from tip of spoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 170°F for 30 minutes.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
I have made this many times and my recipe sounds not as good as this one. This one seems a lot easier to make this candy.