Old Fashioned Vinegar Taffy
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar, any type but not balsamic
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Set aside a silicone baking mat or coat a granite or marble surface with a thin coat of vegetable oil (any light flavor will work). Set aside a clean pair of latex gloves, a non serrated knife and a large cutting board.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, honey, water, and vinegar and stir to a boil.
- Once boiling, place a lid on pan for 2 minutes. Trapped steam will wash away any sugar crystals stuck to sides of pan. After 2 minutes remove lid.
- Absolutely do not stir sugar syrup for entire cooking process. Cook syrup to 275°F
- Pour syrup onto silicone or stone surface. Let set for approx. 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, bottom of syrup will have become firmer and can be handled. Using gloves, roll and fold mass towards center onto itself.
- Continue process until sugar mass stops spreading, this will take about 5-8 minutes.
- Pull mass apart into a rope.
- Transfer onto cutting board and cut using knife.
- Roll in powdered sugar and wrap in plastic or store in an airtight bag.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments