- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup [brand:name] Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Orange Glaze (optional)
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease or line a 9 X 5 -nch loaf pan. Set aside
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until they are fully incorporated.
- Pour in orange juice and zest and mix until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix until the flour just disappears and is blended. The batter will be thick.
- Spread into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until it is cooked through. You want it to gently spring back when you touch it and a tester to come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you are making glaze, wait until bread has completely cooked and then mix everything together until it smooth and you can drizzle it over bread.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.