Orange Cake (Pan De Naranja)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- Orange slices for decorating
- 1 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine eggs and sugar. Mix at high speed for 4 minutes or until mixture is fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low. Add oil and butter in a slow stream. Add orange juice and zest. Add dry mixture 1/2 cup at a time; do not over mix. Transfer batter to prepared mold. Bake for 45-50 minutes or when tested with a toothpick, it comes out clean.
- Combine confectioner’s sugar, orange juice, and orange zest in a small bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Cool cake in mold for 45 minutes. Transfer to a large plate and drizzle with glaze. Decorate with orange slices. Slice and serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments