Orange Chicken Wings
- 2-3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Arrange chicken wings in a single layer on a wire rack set over a baking sheet lined with foil for easy clean up.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until skin is crispy and wings are cooked through.
- While wings cook, combine orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, brown sugar, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium for 10 minutes to reduce by about half.
- In a small bowl, whisk corn starch and cold water together to form a slurry. Add to sauce and stir to thicken slightly, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer cooked chicken wings to a large bowl and add glaze. Toss to coat, then serve.
For a thicker sauce, you can double the amount of slurry mixture.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.