Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 drops orange gel food coloring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In mixer, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Make sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding next.
- Add orange zest, vanilla extract, and orange juice. Mix well.
- Whisk in orange gel food coloring.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to batter. Mix until just combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Dough will be sticky.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on cooling rack.
- Once cookies are cool, microwave white chocolate chips in a bowl at 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Drizzle white chocolate over cooled cookies. Let white chocolate cool to harden.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.