Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Zest of 3 oranges, no white bitter pith
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 drops orange gel food coloring
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In mixer, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Make sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding next.
- Add orange zest, vanilla extract, and orange juice. Mix well.
- Whisk in orange gel food coloring.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to batter. Mix until just combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets at least 2-inches apart as cookies will spread during baking. Dough will be sticky.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on cooling rack.
- Once cookies are cool, if using white chocolate topping, microwave white chocolate chips in a bowl at 30 second intervals until smooth.
- If using vanilla glaze, mix all ingredients. Can add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle white chocolate or vanilla glaze over cooled cookies. Let topping cool to harden.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.