Orange Pecan Butter Cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients place egg yolks on bottom of bowl.
- Add sugar and immediately start whipping for 5 minutes until very thick and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, salt and small amount of butter. Once previous added butter is incorporated add additional butter in increments.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and add to above, mix until just combined. Add pecan pieces and mix briefly.
- Place dough onto plastic food wrap. Cover with additional plastic food wrap and roll to 1/4-inch thick. Slide onto a cutting board and place in freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove dough from freezer and cut into circles the same size as cavities of a mini muffin pan. Place dough into pan cavities.
- Place in oven and bake for 11 minutes. During the baking process the dough should have climbed up the edges while creating a crater in the middle. After 11 minutes, remove from the oven. If dough has not already created a well in the center of the cookie, press center with a melon baller (or quickly with a gloved hand) to create an indention. Fill indention with a teaspoon of orange marmalade and return to the oven.
- Continue to bake for 3-4 minutes or until cookies have turned golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest in pan for a few minutes. Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will last several days stored in an airtight container.