Orange Vanilla Cookies
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, fitted with paddle attachment, add butter and powdered sugar. Beat on low speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla bean paste and orange zest and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift together salt, cornstarch and flour.
- Add flour mixture to cookie dough. Beat until just combined.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 30 to 40 minutes until easy to handle.
- Using a medium size scoop, divide cookie dough into 36 pieces.
- Roll each piece of cookie dough between your palms to form a ball.
- Place all cookie balls on 2-3 baking sheets line with parchment paper.
- Return to fridge to chill for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350F°.
- Bake cookies, one baking sheet at a time, for 12 minutes until barely golden.
- Let cookies cool completely on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.