- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- To make crust, in a sealed plastic bag crush 20 Oreo® cookies with a rolling pin. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch diameter spring form pan and place in oven for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Place springform pan on 3 layers of aluminum foil and wrap outside of pan tightly with foil. Ensure that water cannot penetrate through foil. Place in a roasting pan and set aside.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar on lowest speed, alternatively mix by using a handheld spatula until no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well.
- Add one egg at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated and mixture shows no lumps. Scrape bowl and beater between additions.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Coarsely chop or break 20 Oreo® cookies and mix into batter. Pour/scrape batter into pan.
- Pour water into roasting pan about one inch high and place in oven.
- Bake until center of cake no longer trembles when tapping sides of pan, about 90 minutes but it could take up to 2 hours depending on temperature of cheesecake batter.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around edge of cheesecake to remove from pan. Place a sheet of plastic food wrap on surface of cake followed by a cutting board or platter.
- Flip cake upside down. Remove bottom of cake pan. If it is slightly sticking run a knife underneath to release it.
- Place a serving platter on cheesecake and flip cake once more upside down. The original baked surface will once again be facing upward.
- Prepare Crème Chantilly by whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla to medium-firm peaks and spread on cheesecake.
- Decorate surface of cake with additional Oreos®.