Oreo Cheesecake Cookie Cups
Chocolate Cookie Cups
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Oreo® Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup whipping cream, very cold
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Oreo Cookie ® crumbs (about 12 cookies crushed without filling)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For cookie cups, preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin tin with non-stick baking spray or generously grease with butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powders, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until well combined and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, add butter, granulated and brown sugars. Mix on medium speed for about 3 minutes until well combined and light in color. Scraping down sides of bowl, as needed.
- Reduce speed to low and add eggs, one at a time, mixing well in-between each addition. Then, add vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to stand mixer and allow to mix until no more butter streaks are seen. Be sure to scrape down sides of mixing bowl, as needed.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, fill each tin with dough. Making sure all dough is inside tin. Once all tins are filled, gently tap muffin tin on counter to help spread dough.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until edges are set. Once cookies are removed from oven. Allow to rest for about a minute. Then, using back of a rounded wooden spoon or a small tart press, gently press into center of cookie to create a divot. Allow cookies to fully cool.
- While cookies are cooling, begin making cheesecake filling. In a chilled metal bowl, add whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Place in fridge to keep cool while rest of filling is prepared.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, beat to combine cream cheese and granulated sugar. Gradually increase speed until mixer is on medium-high and mix for about 2-3 minutes until fully combined and fluffy. Then, pour in Oreo Cookie crumbs and mix until well incorporated.
- Remove whipped cream from fridge and add to cheesecake mixture. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture, until fully combined and no more streaks are present.
- Add cheesecake mixture to a piping bag and using a large star tip pipe cheesecake filling into cookie cups. Top with a mini Oreo and chill in an air-tight container until ready to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.