Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 Oreo® cookies, roughly chopped
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter, cream cheese, and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl.
- Add flour and salt. Mix until combined. Stir in chopped Oreo cookie pieces.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop mounds of dough and space a couple inches apart on baking sheets. Flatten cookies slightly with wet fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Be sure to use full-fat cream cheese, not the spreadable variety that comes in a tub.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.