Padre Island Sand Dollar Cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter and powdered sugar together for 2 minutes, until fluffy, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Add in vanilla and salt and continue mixing until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add flour, mixing until combined.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Press top of the cookie into brown sugar. Place dough, sugar side up, on the baking sheet, 1-inch apart. These cookies don’t spread while baking.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until set, but not browned.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Store airtight for up to 5 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This vintage recipe was originally published in 1978 in the Texas Recipes from Texas Places, Vol II cookbook and has been a customer favorite ever since.